Exercise is useful to the body in many ways especially for stabilizing metabolism, managing stress, and building strong bones.
Exercise comes in different forms, one of which is strength or resistance training, an exercise that helps the muscles to build strength and resist or endure strains.
Strength or resistance training can be done with or without equipment. Hence, you don’t need to go to the gym to achieve this. Your body can provide enough weight to resist or endure.
A healthy routine of 20 minutes of strength training twice a week can yield the following results
- Build up muscles and prevent muscle loss with age
- Build stronger bones and reduces the risk of fractures
- Improve flexibility and balance. This reduces the risk of falls and injuries
- Improves cognitive functions such as concentration, listening and thinking, etc
- Makes you happier and better able to manage stress
- Reduces blood sugar levels
- Makes the heart stronger and better able to pump blood